Important Information regarding Energy Evaluations and/or Blower Door Testing
Capture Energy has implemented the following procedures for Site work during the Pandemic.
- Only one representative of the home (or construction representative) on-site during the time of our visit. The individual must be wearing a mask when indoors. We have disposable masks available if required.
- No other trades, workers or homeowners on-site for the duration of our site testing, if you prefer us to move our appointment time to early morning or end of the day to eliminate others being on site we are happy to do so. We will not do the audit if other workers are on-site.
- The advisor will require the homeowner or site representative to leave the home for the duration of the blower door test portion of the visit. The advisor will not run the fan with any other person in the building.
- Advise us up to the time of the appointment if anyone that lives (or has worked) at the site has been diagnosed with Covid-19 or has shown signs of a fever, cough, shortness of breath or flu-like symptoms. In this instance, we will reschedule to a date after the site has been disinfected. We have waived our cancellation policy till further notice.
- The advisor will be wearing a mask for the duration of the site work. The advisor will disinfect his equipment and his hands before entering and upon leaving the home.
- For mid-construction tests, we offer the option of Photo documentation instead of a team member being onsite. Photos will be taken of any areas to be sealed and orange paint markers will be left at each location on-site to be sealed. Photos and or videos with a written description in the form of an air leakage report will be emailed to you immediately following the site visit.
Who We Are
Capture Energy specializes in Home Energy Efficiency Evaluations focusing on the BC Energy Step Code, City of Vancouver Green Building Policy for Rezoning, and Vancouver Building Bylaws for Energy Efficiency. Working in Part 9 of the BC Building Code for MURB’s Townhomes and both New Construction and Renovation of Single Family Homes.
We work closely with architects, designers, builders, tradespeople and homeowners to conceptualize, design and test homes to maximize energy efficiency.
We perform ventilation assessments and testing to ensure ventilation meets BC Building Code standards. To date, we have completed over 3,000 residential home energy evaluations.
The BC Energy Step Code (The Step Code) Specialists
As adopted by Richmond, City of North Vancouver, District of North Vancouver, New Westminster, West Vancouver, Langley, and Surrey.
New designs, materials and techniques are constantly being introduced, creating new ways to meet the Step Code requirements. Contact us to guide you through the Step Code requirements for each municipality.
Net Zero Homes
Net Zero homes produce as much clean energy as they consume.
They are up to 80% more energy efficient than typical new homes and use renewable energy systems to produce the remaining energy they need. Every part of the house works together to provide consistent temperatures throughout, prevent drafts, and filter indoor air to reduce dust and allergens.
Home Renovation Rebates
Learn more about how you can save money on your home renovations!
We are NRCan Certified for existing homes, new builds and MURBS.
An EnerGuide rating shows a standard measure of your home’s energy performance. It shows you (and future buyers) exactly how energy efficient your home is.
The rating is calculated based on standard operation assumptions so that you can compare the energy performance of one house against another.
Built Green Homes
Looking for Built Green certification for your home?
BUILT GREEN® homes are 3rd party certified, energy efficient and environmentally responsible homes. This label adds value to your home by promoting the use of resource-efficient, environmentally friendly, construction practices and products.
Energy Star Homes
We can help you to make sure that your new home meets the requirements for Energy Star.
An ENERGY STAR® qualified new home is on average 20 percent more energy efficient than a home built to code. These homes present a practical choice for homeowners looking for a new home that is energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
The BC Building Code (BCBC) is a provincial regulation that governs how new construction, building alterations, repairs and demolitions are completed. We can evaluate your home and provide a report.
Blower Door Testing
Capture Energy offers Blower Door air leakage tests as part of a Home Energy Evaluation.